Leaves of all kinds

Leaves of all kinds
Beautiful Rhubarb leaf

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

2015 pottery bowls and leaf plates, new blogging started.

Let's hope this year I get a little more time to
Post to you what I'm doing. I bought a larger kiln this past spring, I got brave and jumped right in trying out the different settings. I made a couple glass bowls, the smaller ones turned out ok but the large ones failed.iI still have much to learn, the automatic settings are there but the glass and proper steps/ firing scheduled were not quite right. Then on to clay, love it, bowls and plates turned out great. I did have a few failures but learned much quicker with clay. Or it was just LUCK. Anyways, I had a 6-8 week span that I did nothing but work late at night, kiln going 24/7 and soap batches going in the house. That's the way I am when inspired and it was spring and rebirth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment